Monday, January 1, 2018

One Word For 2018

One Word For 2018

I am not one to really set resolutions. I mean, I kind of do. I reflect on the past  and think about where I want to be in the next year.  I think about myself and what  I can do to get to that place next year.   So instead of  a resolution I thought of a word!!    " MORE "
How my word came about !  My mother in law had my son for a couple days.  I had went to picked him up and realized how much I miss my boy.   So we pull in the drive way he gets out of the car and ask about the mess.  Well last night we had friends over to ring  in the New Year!  We played  Rock Band , had some snacks!  Brought in the  New year with some Fireworks and Poppers!   As  I was cleaning up I realized something.  I loved the mess, and I want " More" of them.  I want more get friend and family get to gathers.
   


I thought of several phrase  and they all had one word in common!  That word is More.. Do More, Love More, Move More,  Give More, and Share More... 


 Hearing the word MORE by itself some might think I am being  greedy or wanting more stuff,  or money but I promise that is not it.   So let me explain what I mean by  MORE  for 2018.  Let me elaborate  and maybe  I can inspire you or some one else  to find a word to help you.  


do More  


I am more inspired by the two word phrase of “do more.” I  want to do more in 2018. Experience more adventures with my family, do more in my community, and do more with my business (which includes this blog).  


love More  


I want to show the people in my life  how much I love them.  It is not like  am not  mean  to people now .  I just want to find ways to to show them how much I care about them.  Maybe with random acts of kindness.  Remembering to ask them how they are and not being all about me.    Maybe tell them more often I love them or gifts for no reason.  We will see! 


move More




I am definitely working on my fitness goals  this year.   I  making sure that I am able to enjoy life with my family.  I want to really get back in to my walking.  I really want to take my son camping and not  just  sit around a campsite.  I want to have more Adventures, both on the road and at home.  I  want more physical activity less in front of a screen.  


give  More



I have a lot  to give my time, my talents, my love, my services. I want to give more in 2018 to help others and inspire them. That may not mean giving money, but maybe giving of my time or helping others in ways that I may have a talent or knowledge that they could find useful.ear


save More 


My friend did The $5 savings plan, every time she had $5 she put in a jar to save. On New Years Eve this year she  had $550 dollars saved.   Every little bit we set aside adds up, sometimes in surprising amounts. The $5 savings plan is one of a few methods you could use to save a little more money over the course of the year, and its randomness makes it somewhat enjoyable.


share More   


I want  to share my story.. Like I am not  super interesting or anything (because trust me, I am not) but because maybe my story (or stories) will help or inspire others.  If something  I have  been through  could inspire your or help you make a better decision.  

Like many do not know my son was a preemie, and has Autism.  Or that I was high risk the whole pregnancy.  Or how I  ended up going to college and  graduating with Honors.  So I have a high school diploma, GED, and Double AA Degree.  Or that my dad was the youngest of 17 children.  I love my large family of aunts and uncles, and cousins galore. 

This doesn’t mean I am going to turn this into a personal blog all about my family and giving you updates. It means, I am going to try and let you know more about me and my family if I think that it is something that might benefit you.

I also want to share more  our adventures, both on the road and at home. I want to share how I am  planning and saving money because really, I want this year to be the year that you realize that you too can travel and do the things you love.


What I hope from 2018


By the end of 2018, I hope that I will be able to say that 2018 was more fulfilling.   That as a person I grew more as a Mom. wife, sister, friend and daughter in law. that  by doing more it will bring more joy in my life.  I do not expect magic to happen.  But I do believe if I work hard for  what I want I can do More.  

Happy New Years 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment