Thursday, January 19, 2017

Ways to Find Great Content


  • FACEBOOK & TWITTER  

Every morning while I drink my coffee, I scroll through the posts from the previous day (or since I last scrolled) to see what’s new. Most of what shows up in my feed is super useful info, news or some much needed comic relief (but only a little bit of that.) With just 140 characters apiece, I can easily find things of interest to me quickly. 

When I feel like I need to find a few new influences, I go to some of my favorites and see who THEY’RE following. I also use the handy #(hashtag) to find people/organizations who specialize in specific areas of interest to me.

  • PINTEREST
In the spirit of keeping things simple, my other “go to” source for inspiration and ideas is Pinterest. The Pinterest  always seems to know exactly what I am curious about and fill my feed there regularly with great stuff. They also send me emails (based on my settings) with Pins and Boards that might be of interest to me.
  • GOOGLE ALERTS
 Google will send you an email every day with anything new on your topics of choice from that day? It’s super cool. Each night, I get a few emails from them with snippets of whatever’s been published about the topics I follow. You can set your own up right here.
I suggest picking a few topics that go with what interest you. When you put a topic into the search, Google will show you what your sample summary will look like. Sometimes choosing a narrow topic is better, and sometimes you need to widen the net.
Tell us about the tools you use in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment